Hello Ocean / Hola Mar

Hello Ocean / Hola Mar is definitely one of my top picks for summer reads. It has beautiful poetic text that rhymes both in its English and Spanish translations. The book uses vocabulary that covers the five senses as one explores all the magic of spending time at the ocean shore. The range of vocabulary is broad in that it can captivate both the youngest of readers as well as those who are older. The illustrations are gorgeous and so life-like that it really feels like we are at the beach as well as soon as we open the text. The version I have from the library also has an accompanying CD to listen to the text read out loud either as bilingual narration or solely in English or Spanish. This is a classic book I know my children and I will turn to for many summers to come!

Comments