El Festival Florestatico de Eva (Diario de una Lechuza)

#amazonaffiliate #earlychapterbooks #Branches #schoolworldproblems

Scholastic's Branches series includes books designed for newly independent readers who are getting ready to transition towards chapter books but are not quite there yet. I just finished reading my first "Diario de una Lechuza- El Festival Florestastico de Eva", which I found adorable. It was kinda nostalgic for me being a young one myself and the way I might talk about situations. For example, the narrator Eva at times refers to her brother or others who annoy her as having a "cabeza de ardilla".  The text has simple non-intimidating vocabulary in addition to small colorful illustrations on every page. Chapters are very short and move along well. I also liked the themes in this particular book, which included the importance of working together as a team and not being afraid to ask for help. As a non-native speaker of Spanish, I would definitely look forward to reading more of these books myself, in addition to wanting my elementary school-aged kiddo to access these in the future!

https://amzn.to/2LFmF0r

Comments