Dalia's wondrous hair / El cabello maravilloso de Dalia

#bilingualpicbook #girlpower #bighairdon'tcare #bewhoyouare #flyhighbutterfly

Dalia's wondrous hair / El cabello maravilloso de Dalia is a great book to share with young girls. My little girl has both very difficult to care for hair and a love for butterflies, and this book encompasses both ;) Dalia is a young girl who some don't understand, particularly, because of the way she maintains her hair. Her unique ways turn out to have a very special meaning- what may first appear more like a caterpillar ultimately becomes a butterfly. The author notes that the book has many references to flowers and plants her homeland of Cuba, for which she gives some background on at the end of the book. She also adds a short blurb on how to create your own butterfly garden at home. The text would be a lengthy read for my children not yet in school, so I work with the vibrant pictures and give my own interpretation in a sentence or two per page. I think my 3 year old already finds the book enchanting as she has already requested it repeatedly. I am sure we will look to this book as my children's reading journey continues to blossom over many years to come.

Comments