Raising Talkers

Moms, I recently participated in this course and found it really useful. Definitely take a look, particularly if you have little ones!


Disclaimer: I received free access to this course in exchange for my unbiased review.

The importance of familiarity with language milestones and speech development for our little ones cannot be overstated. A recent course called "Raising Talkers" was created by Weronika O. in which she provides the fundamental steps necessary to ensure the ideal learning environment for promoting language in babies and toddlers.
Through the creation of a 5 step program, Weronika provides both written material as well as audiovisual presentations for review. This is great to have as a resource as every parent learns differently. The information provided is most often very high-yield as well as evidence-based, such as using a bare minimum of 10 minutes dedicated time daily talking directly to your baby and fostering eye contact. She includes games and ways to keep learning fun, from using a teddy to demonstrate action verbs to a shopping game to encourage food vocabulary.
Some of the limitations I found to this course are that she offered Live Q&A but this was not on American time, so it was difficult for me to participate in this. Similarly, some of the language used in the course book is more based on British English (i.e. wellies, pushchair), which may or may not detour American families if anything. I felt it also might make sense for her to further break up the length of videos, as my attention span would sometimes sway after a few minutes. Personally, I think 5 minute clips might be more useful overall.
Overall I found this product would likely be helpful for clinicians as well as parents. Using the tips Weronika provides would probably also be helpful for any parent introducing their child to more than one language. Already I am engaging more with my almost 2 year old using suggestions from her course, such as 
using more parentese and avoiding excess background noise, The video and workbook has provided ideas for me that I can use with my family to incorporate teaching our native as well as non-native languages. I hope the 
Raising Talkers course can be just as helpful to your family as it's been to mine!


Image courtesy of Weronika O.'s Raising Talkers course

Comments